Where we are
139 Front Street
Tel: +501 722 26 78
How to reach BlueBelize
Where we are located
We are based in Punta Gorda, the most southern town in Belize’s most remote Toledo District. “PG” as it’s known by all in Belize, is accessible by:
- Car or bus on the Southern Highway. This is a picturesque 5-6 hour drive from Belize City past Belmopan and down the Hummingbird highway. Most buses only travel during the day and we do not recommend that you drive at night, epecially if you have never driven in Belize before.
- By Tropic Air from several towns/cities in Belize. From Belize International or Municipal Airport, the flight takes about 1 hr and 15 minutes. As agents for Tropic Air we will gladly book your flights.
- Travel by water taxi from Puerto Barrios or Livingston, Guatemala. The ride usually takes between 1 to 1.5 hrs depending on sea conditions.
Traveling to Belize
There are multiple airlines that will help you reach Belize:
- American Airlines (Miami and Dallas)
- United Airlines (Houston, Newark)
- Delta (Atlanta, Los Angeles)
- Avianca (El Salvador to many other US, Central American destinations)
- US Airways (Charlotte)
- Southwest Airlines (starting in October 2015)
- Regional flight options: Tropic Air has a new regional service, offering daily flights to Belize City from Cancun, Merida (Mexico), Guatemala City and Flores (Guatemala), Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula and Roatan (Honduras) which makes connections possible with charter flights from the US, Canada and Europe.
- For all regional Tropic Air flight schedules see www.tropicair.com or send us your travel needs, as TropicAir agents we will gladly book your flights.
- A new addition is the Tropic + Condor combination flight from Belize International to Cancun and onwards to several destinations in the UK is now operational.
If time is not an issue and you are keen to visit other sites consider the following itineraries:
- From Cancun travel south by bus (ADO in Mexico) to Belize or bus and ferry (WaterJets or San Belize Water Express) to San Pedro, Belize. From San Pedro you can take another ferry back over to the mainland and a bus or plan south to PG.
- From Guatemala City, travel by bus to Puerto Barrios and then take a water taxi (Requena or Chatto) to Punta Gorda.
- From San Pedro Sula, travel by bus to Puerto Barrios in Guatemala and then by water taxi to Punta Gorda or to Puerto Cortes, take a ferry to Dangriga and then the bus to Punta Gorda.